2019 Home Lending Research Sweepstakes
1. ELIGIBILITY: The 2019 Home Lending Research Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to direct recipients of the e-mail announcing the Sweepstakes and inviting them to take the survey, who are legal residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia (“D.C.”) and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Internet access is required to participate. VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C. AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO U.S. LAW.
Individuals who during any portion of the Entry Period are employees of Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising & promotion agencies, sweepstakes prize providers, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of Sweepstakes materials, and agents/representatives thereof, and members of such employees’ immediate families, defined as spouses, parents, grandparents, children, and siblings (whether such family members are biological, adoptive, step or in-law) and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household of such employees are not eligible to enter.
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 9, 2019, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 1, 2019 (“Entry Period").
3. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible entrants must complete the survey and submit as instructed on-screen no later than 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 1, 2019 to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. Do not forward the e-mail announcing the Sweepstakes to anyone else.
If more than one entry is received from the same person, all entries submitted from said person may be disqualified. Entries (including survey data) become the property of Epsilon Data Management, LLC (“Sponsor”) and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method and to disqualify any individual using such method. Entrants may not enter with multiple e-mail addresses or use any device or artifice to register multiple times or as multiple registrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times may be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, in Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, such entry will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time the e-mail invitation is sent. Any entries not in compliance with these Official Rules will be disqualified. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
4. PRIZES/RETAIL VALUE/ODDS:
Ninety-nine (99) PRIZES: Each prize (“Prize”) consists of a $50 Amazon.com Gift Card (“Gift Card”). The Retail Value of each Prize is: $50.00. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
Gift Cards are subject to their terms and conditions. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes. Winner is responsible for payment of any taxes on the Prize, regardless of whether Prize is used in whole or in part. THE TOTAL VALUE OF ALL PRIZES IS $4,950.00.
Amazon Gift Card restrictions apply, see amazon.com/gc-legal
5. DRAWING: One random drawing (“Drawing”), from among all eligible entries received in the Entry Period, will be conducted after Entry Period has closed on or about September 16, 2019 to select the winners. The Drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor whose decisions on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. Answers to the survey have no effect on your ability to participate or win. All prizes will be awarded, provided the number of eligible entries/entrants received equals or exceeds the number of prizes available.
6. PRIZE WINNER VERIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by e-mail at the e-mail address at which they received the invitation to take the survey. If the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable for any reason, or if the Prize is declined, or if potential winner is otherwise disqualified for any reason, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected from all remaining eligible entries received during the Entry Period, subject to Sponsor’s sole discretion. No more than two alternates will be selected. Prizes will be sent to the email address associated with the entry. Sponsor is not responsible for undeliverable prize awards, delivery to spam folders or changes to the entrant’s email address. Please allow 30 days for prize notification and delivery of prizes after the Drawing.
7. GENERAL RELEASE: By accepting the Prize, winner (“Winner”) agrees to release Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, prize providers and all of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, employees, directors, officers, shareholders, representatives, agents, successors or assigns, and research clients (collectively “Released Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damage of any kind incurred with respect to participation in this Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of the Prize. POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF THE PRIZE, EVEN IF THE DRAWING SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL POTENTIAL WINNER HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
8. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: No prize substitution or cash equivalent allowed except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value should the Prize become unavailable. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of e-mail address of entrants. The Prize (or any portion thereof) may not be sold, traded, transferred, assigned, refunded or redeemed for cash. If you win, your acceptance of any prize will constitute your consent (and agreement to confirm that consent in writing) to the use of your name, and city and state of residence for purposes of providing a list of winners to the public on request and as required by law.
9. OTHER CONDITIONS: By entering, entrant acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and agrees to release the Released Parties from any claims, losses, actions, or damages, whether actual, incidental or consequential, arising out of or relating to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the Prize, or participation in Prize-related activities.
Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions and/or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, postage due, or not received by the Sponsor or its agents for any reason, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone, cable or satellite transmissions, damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes; (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; or (v) any injury, losses, harm, damages, costs and/or expenses arising from or in connection with participation in this Sweepstakes and its administration, and the acceptance and use of the prize or any portion thereof, including, without limitation, any personal injury or death.
All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Further, Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential Winner.
Sponsor and its agents are further not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of the entries. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for any errors, misprints, or typographical mistakes in any printed or electronic advertising of the Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if the Sweepstakes or any Web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries per these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). In the event the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) is cancelled, Sponsor will notify entrants by email and Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the Prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. If a printing, technical or any other error occurs that results in more potential winners than available prizes, Sponsor may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible potential prize winners to award the indicated number of prizes in dispute.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE, SURVEY PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH PERSON AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM HIM/HER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: By participating you agree: a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court in New York, New York; b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such damages include attorney’s fees; c) not to seek or be permitted to obtain awards for, and each entrant hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses; d) not to claim or accept any damages subject to being multiplied or otherwise increased; and e) all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, and the rights and obligations of Sweepstakes entrants and the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
13. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by and administered by Epsilon Data Management, LLC, 11030 CirclePoint Road, Westminster, CO 80020